Types and Strategies of Roulette: As Roulette is a purely luck-based game, there isn’t anything you can do to swing the odds in your favour. Online games are based on random number generation (RNG), which ensures each outcome is completely random and impossible to influence.
That doesn’t mean that there aren’t steps you can take to improve your odds of being successful, however. Follow these tips and you’ll start to see improved luck when playing Roulette online:
- Know the rules – This seems obvious, but many players like to rush in without reading the rules first. Don’t assume that the game type you’re playing is the same as the one you’re used to. Many different types of Roulette introduce different rules and betting types, and some are more player-friendly than others.
- Understand house edge – The house edge is the advantage that the casino has over you. Before playing any online casino game, it’s important to understand that all games have rules that favor the casino. This doesn’t mean that you can’t win, but it does mean that some games are a lot less appealing than others. Roulette has a relatively low house edge, meaning it is possible to get some good wins from spinning the wheel.
- Play French Roulette for the best odds – Roulette generally has a low house edge, but some versions of the game are much higher than others. Double zero Roulette is one of the worse types to play as the two zeros mean the house has a much higher edge. French Roulette has the lowest house edge, thanks in part to the single zero and the la partage rule.
- Manage your bankroll – Your bankroll is how much you have available to bet. You want to make sure you set aside a bit each month to play with and be careful not to go over it. When placing bets, try to place them as a percentage of your bankroll. That way, as you win your bets get bigger, and as you lose, they get smaller. This will help to prolong your bankroll and keep you in profit for longer.
- Limit your losses and wins – Before starting, make sure you set realistic limits on both your wins and your losses. You should always stop when you reach your limit. This way, you can avoid chasing losses or getting too carried away with wins.
Playing roulette for free
Before you get started playing any online casino game, it’s always a good idea to get to know the rules. Roulette is no different, and even though it’s a simple game to get into, there are plenty of different rules and variations to be aware of.
The best way to get to grips with a new game is to practice. If you’re new to the casino and don’t want to risk your own money on practicing, don’t worry, there is a better option. Most online casinos provide free demo versions of the most popular games.
With a demo, you don’t need to risk your own cash to play. Simply load up the game and play with credits instead of real money. Just bear in mind that you won’t be able to cash in on any winnings you make while playing demo games.
Practice makes perfect, and demo Roulette is a great way to learn how the game works and what to expect. Before you start playing for money, we always recommend checking out the free demo version of a game.
Online roulette bonuses
Another way to try out casino games with minimal risk is by using online casino bonuses. Most sites offer special bonuses and promotions to both new and current players. As a new player, you’ll usually be able to claim a matched deposit bonus which can be used to play any game on the site.
A lot of casinos will also provide free bets or bonuses to current or returning players as a way to encourage loyalty towards a site. Sometimes these bonuses are for specific games and other times they can be used across all games on the site.
Before you sign up and claim a bonus, make sure you read the full terms and conditions. You should check to see whether the bonus can be used to play Roulette or if it is locked to only be used on certain games. It’s also a good idea to look up the wagering requirements and make sure they’re not too restrictive. Some bonuses look good at first but have big wagering requirements that make them impossible to fully unlock. Many bonuses also have a lower wagering requirement contribution for table games like Roulette than for games like slots.
If you want to find out the latest and best casino bonuses, SlotsBang.com is the best place to look. Here at SlotsBang.com, we always keep up to date with the best deals offered by online casinos and keep players like you in the loop. We look for bonuses that can be used to play games like Roulette and have minimal wagering requirements. Whether you prefer matched deposits or no deposit bonuses, you can find them all here on our site.
Types of roulette
As we’ve already mentioned, there are plenty of different versions of Roulette out there. Some of them are more commonly found online than others. Depending on where you live, you might be used to playing one type over another as there are a few different regional variations of Roulette across the world.
If you’re looking to get a better understanding of the different types of Roulette available, we’ve written up this guide on some of the most popular Roulette game types. We’ve also added some detail about what to expect from each game and the lowest house edge of each.
You can use this guide to assess which type of Roulette you should be playing and hopefully have more success when at the Roulette table!
Online roulette vs roulette in a land-based casino
A lot of new players often ask us what the difference is between online Roulette and Roulette in a real, brick and mortar casino. In truth, there aren’t that many differences as the online casinos want to give you as close to an authentic casino experience as possible. There are a lot of benefits of playing Roulette online, however. Here are some of the main advantages and disadvantages of online Roulette compared to land-based Roulette.
Advantages of online roulette
- Convenience – The biggest advantage of online Roulette is the fact that you can play whenever you want. Most land-based casinos have opening times, and unless you live right outside, you’ll have to travel to get there. With an online casino, you just load up the site in your browser or app and start playing. Most modern online casinos even allow you to play on a mobile device, letting you take your casino experience wherever you go.
- More variety – In most cases, the selection of different game types and the number of tables available is much better online than in real life. Land-based casinos might offer one or two types of Roulette, but you can find loads of different variations online.
- Faster gameplay – Online casino games do away with the need to wait for lots of players around the table to place their bets. As soon as you bet and confirm, the wheel starts spinning. This faster gameplay allows you to get a lot more bets in and hopefully more wins too!
- More gameplay options – With online Roulette, there are usually many more gameplay options to make things more exciting. Examples include playing at multiple tables at once and having more betting options.
- Casino bonuses – Unlike land-based casinos, almost all online casinos offer bonuses to their players. There are loads of sites offering big welcome bonuses that can be used to play Roulette. On top of this, you can often get regular bonuses and offers from some sites, allowing you to get more out of your online Roulette experience.
Disadvantages of online roulette
- Less social – A trip to the casino can be a great social experience, and it’s one of the main things that a lot of online casinos are missing. Nothing beats going to the casino with your mates and coming home with lots of wins and stories. With online casinos, it’s more of a solitary experience.
- Playing against a computer can get boring – For a lot of players, playing against the computer can’t compare to playing against a real dealer. Playing in a real land-based casino adds a lot of excitement that can’t be matched with online casinos. Live casino games are a good way to improve this aspect, however.
Live roulette vs regular online roulette
Live casino games are the answer to the two main disadvantages of online casino games. Rather than playing with a computer program, you’ll instead be playing across from a real dealer. Just like playing at a land-based casino, you’ll get an authentic casino experience with live casino games.
Roulette is one of the most popular live casinos games and instead of a computer, the game uses a real wheel in a live studio. The dealer and the wheel are live-streamed to your computer or mobile device, giving you maximum convenience.
With live casino games, you join a table rather than just starting a game straight away. This does mean that you might have to wait during peak times, but it also gives you an added social benefit. Most sites will allow you to chat with other players and the dealer as you play, giving you a more interactive experience.
Live casino games are the future of online casinos in our opinion, and they manage to perfectly recreate the casino experience in the comfort of your home. If you want to discover the best sites that offer live Roulette games, check out our dedicated live casino page. We list all of the top casinos that provide live casino games and even include live casino bonuses for you to enjoy.